Welcome to Picadilly & Company

Picadilly & Company, creating home decor knick knacks one party at a time. We provide you and your guests a fun evening creating a home decor items while in your home. It's a great venue for a Girls Night Out, family get together, etc. However, before we can create them in your home, I create them for my home. And there are some things I do, that I just cannot bring to someone's home. So, check out what I'm working on, maybe it will inspire you. To visit the company website, go to http://www.picadillyandcompany.com/
Currently I am preparing for our holiday homes tour. I will begin decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. In the meantime I am creating different projects to decorate with. So, the ideas I am sharing do not show the final stage often due to that. In December I will post pictures of the final outcome. Thanks for stopping by. And please, check out the website above!
Michelle



11.06.2011

Flip for Advent

I have been contemplating my advent countdown this year for a few weeks. I've never really done it, but felt like it was important for my daughter this year. There are so many creative ideas out there on Pinterest and blog land. The problem is so many of them either require a lot of space or a treat. I really wanted our advent to create family time together and also help me schedule activites to celebrate the holiday. As I was contemplating everything, I noticed in the corner, this little photo flipper I have. One of the kids found it somewhere and brought it out.
It was pretty easy to take apart. I just had to push off the metal bracket on it.
I then spray painted the wood base red.
I used leftover scrapbook paper and cut 25 rectangles 5.5" x 6.5". I 'scrapped' each page with a number for our countdown.
I then put an envelope on the back of each page.
In each envelope I put a different activity we will do each day. Some are already on our calendar, going to different Christmas celebrations, looking at lights, etc. Others are baking Christmas cookies, delivering Toys for Tots, watching Christmas movies, etc. I then loaded all of the pages onto the bracket and put the bracket back on the wooden base.
I didn't do very fancy pages. I didn't want to embellish them to much, I was afraid it would get too thick. I am considering adding Christmas pictures each year to a page or two. I used only things I had around the house. I didn't go out and purchase anything for it. I am really pleased with the results. And I like that it is easy to use for the kids and nice & tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment